Friday, December 31, 2010

The queen of impatience.....

Ok....so I'm becoming a little...well a lot IMPATIENT!!!! I am obsessed with having a plan...it doesn't even have to be organized. I just like to know what is going on. We are praying for a huge transition right now. I can't share that information at this time, but will let you in on it as soon as I can. Just pray that the Lord's will happens in every way. The main thing that I have to remember right now is that Christ is in control. Even at times when I think my say might matter.......God's say overrules mine big time. We just want a sweet little one bad....really bad. On the bright side, I really love helping others. I was talking with a good friend lastnight on fb and she told me that her and her hubby were wanting to adopt domestically. I have another good friend that might can help her out ....so I'm really excited to see what the Lord is going to do there. Oh...I can't believe I didn't mention that we finally met all of our requirments and were assigned a social worker. She is coming to our home in a few short weeks and then next month we will go and meet her in her town and finish everything up. I looked her up on fb ( I know.........I'm sneaky) and she is really pretty and looks nice. She even has a grandchild named Lily........I say wonderful minds think alike:) I have also become a blog-stalker..LOL. That sounds kinda scary. haha. But I have learned more from blogs than I have anywhere else. So many sweet adoptive parents have given me words of wisdom and advice through this journey. Jason and I really buckled down over the past couple of weeks (while I'm out for Christmas break) and finished up A LOT of paperwork. I think that's why the impatience has grown into a monster. I go back to work next week....and school.....so I won't have time to breathe muchless worry about anything. I can' t believe that this is the last day of 2010. I am claiming it now....by this time next year...we will have our sweet baby girl! Happy new year everyone! 2011 is coming in fast and it's gonna be a year full of sweet surprises and blessings!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I speak from experience when I say the worst part of the wait is not knowing when you will finally get your referral. You just have to keep the faith and know that you will get a referral eventually, even if it isn't as soon as you had hoped. Just keep busy and stay optimistic. All of us who have our little ones home now have been there just like you! When the time finally comes, you won't even care that it took so long :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are just starting our adoption journey too! I feel like your blog is a peek into our future...just months down the road. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement ladies:) I know that everything will be so worth it in the end! When I have a lot of free time, I usually drive myself crazy. But now that I'm back at work from Christmas break and back in college......I'm balanced again. LOL....my impatience comes in spurts from time to time. We were finally assigned a social worker after completing our online adoption classes and she is coming to our home next week. We are so excited to get this moving!!!!!! Be blessed!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Can you email me at crescentcitytaiwan at gmail dot com? I have a contact for you.
    Katrina (kidzone-tw)

    ReplyDelete