Saturday, December 18, 2010

New year is on it's way!!!!!!

I can't believe this year is already almost over. I am really excited about 2011 though....a lot of cool things will happen this year with our journey through adoption. Along with adoption....comes a little frustration...ok..a lot of frustration. I once read that adoption is not for the weakest of hearts....and I believe that now. Luckily, we have an awesome agency that we really like. As a teacher, I have many students that I would take in a second! So many of my sweet little ones read this blog continuously......and keep me on my toes. My kids are so smart........they are getting a strong understanding of geography to go along with the international adoption. So many of them ask me if Lily is born yet...and that they are wondering what she is doing....it's so sweet. The hardest part about being a teacher (especially when you are self-contained and not departmentalized) is that you form a little family and it's so hard to let them go. I am with them all day everyday and I love it. I really do wonder at times if Lily is born....and if she is....I hope that her birth parents or caretakers are taking care of her......and giving her lots of love. Our homestudy actually begins next month. We still have a small amount of paper work to complete...but not much at all. I am off work for the next couple of weeks so I plan to dive in and get the remaining documents completed. I am also getting a little break from college this month...wheewww. I started my Ed.S back in August....so I'm very thankful for the small break. I figured it would be a good time to go back to school since we don't have kiddos right now. For those who read this for adoption info...I'm very sorry for not posting more. I will have more info. over the next few months. I spoke with my agency last week and I was just wondering about the waiting program. The cool thing about the waiting program is that you can view the children's profiles. Most children who are in this program have some type of special need. Most are easily corrected. At this time they do not have any in our age range. Jason is doing very well after his surgery! His surgery was on 9/16 and he has just started walking on his leg this past week. We are so thankful for his doctor and his quick recovery!!!!!! We had to put the adoption on hold for the past 4 months...but we are picking it all back up now. Please keep us in your prayers daily....and of course little Lily. I know the Lord has her in the palm of his sweet hands!!!!!!! I wish you all a Merry CHRISTmas!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Emily! Although we have a couple of serious differences LOL (teams), we definitely are sisters in Christ. :)
    I look forward to following along on your journey!

    ReplyDelete