Thursday, October 11, 2012

Taiwan

It was so exciting to get to stay in Taiwan for 2 weeks. The jetlag about got the best of me at times, but other than that it was incredible! I had the chance to eat a lot of good food...and it was sooo affordable. Here in the states it's easy to blow money when it comes to fast food...or spend too much in a restaurant. I rarely spent more than $3 for any authentic chinese meals. I loved walking through the night market with Lily.....other than being stared at constantly...lol! I'm blonde...5'11....western.....prego....(yes, I said prego...I'll give those details in a bit)........and carrying an asian baby on my hip...LOL...quite a few people took pics of us! That part really cracked me up. I don't really like to eat with people staring at me ( I don't know many who do..ha), but I just had to get over it. While in Korea and Taiwan, we got lots of looks. However, they weren't staring to be rude...we just kinda stood out. :). I did a lot of staring myself...just so many amazing people and places to watch. We went to Kenting in the southern portion of the island...absolutley beautiful. While we were there, we got to meet up with a dear friend of mine and her sweet family. They got to Taiwan the day before us to pick up their beautiful daughter. It was so nice to spend time with them! Their little girl was born one day before Lily....absolutley precious. I just had so many awesome experiences while in Taiwan...I would love to carry Lily back someday when she is older.

No comments:

Post a Comment